The BendFest ultrasound event is just around the corner on JULY 11-13, 2019 and it's going to be amazing! We're so excited to host all of you in our awesome town of Bend, Oregon. At this time, we want to provide you with a few important details and reminders...
1. The Daily Schedule: Full schedule can be found here. Lectures will be from 8:30-10:30am followed by hands on scanning and lunch from 10:30am-1:30pm. This leaves you plenty of time to get outside and enjoy Central Oregon in the warm afternoons and evenings. See #5 for more specifics.
2. Meals: Lunch is provided each day. Coffee, tea, and water will be provided all day. There will also be a light breakfast. Dinners will be on your own, but we are currently planning a social event at a local brewpub one evening to include drinks and light fare. Other social events like brewery tours and group bike rides are in the works and information will be provided closer to the course date.
3. Course Meeting Space: Old St. Francis Theatre & Father Luke's Room at Old St. Francis School.
4. Most Importantly, Lodging: If you haven't thought about lodging yet, now is the time! Bend is busy and exciting this time of year, so get your lodging reserved very soon. There are many hotel, B&B, and VRBO/Airbnb options, but the 3 main hotel options that we recommend based on personal experience and proximity to the course location are:
McMenamins Old St. Francis School Hotel: The course location also has hotel rooms! The Old St. Francis School is a funky, fun space with a lot of history, great reviews, and well-priced accommodations. Plus, if you stay here, you're already at the course location!
To reserve a room at McMenamins, call (541) 382-5174 or book online with block code 1907ULTRAS. They have a small block of rooms reserved for us for a limited time. Please note that due to the small size of the hotel, a discounted room rate is not offered. They are simply holding the rooms for us to give you a chance to reserve before they sell out.
The Oxford Hotel: This is probably the nicest hotel in town, about 2 blocks or a 4 minute walk to McMenamins.
The Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Bend: Another nice hotel, also 2 blocks or a 4 minute walk to McMenamins.
5. Outdoor Recreation: Bend has lots of dirt, road, mountain, and water to explore, as well as the famous ale trail. We recommend renting a bike, floating the Deschutes river, hiking a mountain, or visiting one of the innumerable microbreweries and pubs. Bend is a small community and tourism is HUGE here. Therefore, there are many reputable outdoor recreation outfitters to choose from and there really isn't any company that we wouldn't recommend. What we do recommend is planning your rentals and booking excursions in advance. Especially if mountain biking is your thing and you'll be needing a bike, go ahead and call to rent your bike NOW, as they often run out of rental bikes for this time of year. There are endless opportunities for fun in Bend. If you need us to point you in a more specific direction, shoot an email to Brittany at firstname.lastname@example.org and she'll help you out.
Ready to take your ultrasound to a new place?
What better place than Bend, OR? The Ultrasound Podcast crew as well as many other ultrasound superstars will be onsite providing the latest in the world of emergency ultrasound. If you are thirsty to take your skills to a new level or have never picked up an ultrasound probe, there will be something for you at BendFest 2019. 15 hours of CME will be available at BendFest 2019.